A.) Franchise Tags
1.) The bidding guidelines for franchised tag eligible players are as follows:
Guaranteed Franchise tag — Average of Top 5 players or 120% whichever is greater. Compensation would be two 1st round picks.
1st Round Tender — Bidding starts at the 5th highest paid player at the position or 120%, whichever is greater. Compensation would be 1st round pick or 2nd in current year AND 1st in following year.
2nd Round Tender — Bidding starts at the 10th highest paid player at the position or 120%, whichever is greater. Compensation would be 2nd round pick or 3rd in current year AND 2nd in following year
3rd Round Tender — Bidding starts at 20th highest paid player, or a MINIMUM of $10. Compensation would be 3rd round pick or 4th in current year AND 3rd in following year.
4th Round Tender — Bidding starts at 30th highest paid player or a MINIMUM of $10. Compensation would be 4th round pick or 5th in current year and 4th in following year.
2) Bidding will be done via a league message board post and all teams will have until 6pm PST March 24th to reply to this post and put the salary they are willing to offer.
3) If any bids take place, the owner of the franchised player must match the winning bid or decline to match the offer by a date specified by the commissioner before bidding begins. It should be March 31st of each year but it is subject to change.
4) Team owners declining to match the offer will accept the compensation draft picks for the franchise tagged player. If the team owns multiple picks in the current year, the team bidding on the player may choose the pick that will be paid as compensation. For Example, if a manager has the 1.02 pick and the 1.12 pick, the owner can offer either 1.02 or 1.12 pick as compensation. This must be stated when making the bid on a franchise tag and can’t be changed or rescinded once the bid has been made. In addition if the compensation for a player is a 3rd round pick the team is allowed to give a higher round pick as compensation such as a 2nd rounder.
5) Franchise tags, 1st round tenders, 2nd round tenders are able to be used on the same player more than once. 3rd and 4th round tenders may only be used on a player 1 time by an owner.
6) The team owner who matches a bid and keeps his player may only sign the player 1-3 years. New owners of a tagged player won through the bidding process may sign the player to a 1 – 5 year contract.